Thursday, March 17, 2016

Home with the flu.

Home with the flu. SOOO glad I got that flu shot! It obviously didn't work. I had forgotten how one can feel freezing cold one second and steaming hot the next. And my hair? I looked better when I was bald. I look like Barbara Bush.

But, then I channel surf and find this and all of a sudden I'm 17 all over again and while I know in my head that Duckie is the best choice....my knees buckle over Andrew McCarthy.



God, I miss being so young, so nubile, so ready for the world.

12 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Oh no, get well soon! I can't say that either of them are my cuppa tea but I did enjoy the film. :D

lily cedar said...

I always enjoy movies when I'm sick, especially old movies. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Moonboots said...

Get well soon! One of my favourite all time films.

e said...

The flu is terrible. I hope you kick it soon.
Thinking of you often, Maria, and hoping things are improving....
plufrompdx

Middle Girl said...

Boo flu. Get better soon. Ahh nubile and ready for the world. Indeed.

Amy Collins said...

Glad to see another post from you. I've missed reading you. Rest and feel better soon.

Jocelyn said...

Oh, you speak to me. Those John Hughes movies defined so very much my adolescent thinking, and their resonance is still felt in my psyche today.

Christine Yubeta said...

I took my BFF to see this when they released it in theaters for the 30th anniversary. While I love Andrew McCarthy, I love young James Spader more. Good grief.

PS Glad to see you back.

Lori Kintz said...

Hope you are ok. Miss reading your posts.

kristi said...

I just got over having kidney stone surgery.
It kicked my butt!!!
And I was recovering on my 43rd bday...boo!

Jocelyn said...

I just look at the frozen image there, of that video, and I get teary. Those movies meant SO MUCH to me.

poet said...

Been reading again. Very sorry you aren't feeling well. Take care, poet.