Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Holy Shit

We watch The Voice at my house. Mostly because I like to drool over Pharrell Williams' (smart boys and girls give me the shivers) incredibly smooth voice and ideas and well, because Gwen Stefani is just freakin' hot.

But, I keep getting introduced to new music and this is good for me. (Or as I told Liv last night, "You youngsters sure got some good things goin' on..." This made her laugh. She likes it when I go all old school and say words like youngsters or even better...younguns...)

Seriously though, how did I miss this:



Or this!



Am I the only one who could just eat Chris Jamison with a spoon?

Or this one? Taylor John Williams taking on Swift? And I actually LIKE his version better.



Another smart boy...they slay me. They really do. I told Liv that he was EXACTLY the sort of guy I would have snagged at a party in college. She gave me her look. That You're my MOTHER look.

Yup....youse youngsters shore got it goin on, dudes.

And I get this crazy feeling that you are all SO much smarter than the rest of us......


6 comments:

Jacquelineand.... said...

Taylor John... something about him reminds me of Adrian Brody. Love his voice; that husky, smoky quality always gets me.

Loved the first video as well.

If Liv likes those 'old school' sayings try calling her whippersnapper, she should love it!

Oh, you are a fellow bookaholic so try to find Bathing The Lion by Jonathan Carroll. It's fantasy, but fantasy like Updike would write, and I am so absolutely in love with it and his characters.

megan blogs said...

Nearly every time I'm in the car, I listen to a radio station that plays a mix of music, so I hear new stuff. On a recent longish drive, when reception for that station wasn't good, I found a local station that plays a little of everything; it depends on which show it is. I listened to some Velvet Underground and as I was pulling into my driveway, I heard Stan Rogers sing "Northwest Passage," and sang along.

ChiTown Girl said...

That finale was PHENOMENAL! I think this might have been my favorite season yet. =)

LL Cool Joe said...

I think it's a good idea if I don't comment on these videos! Ha!

But I will say that "DedicationTo My Ex (Miss That)" by Lloyd, was one of my favourite tracks of 2012. I can see why they covered the clean version as the original said "Her pussy done changed" instead of her "Loving done changed". And where they said "I can't believe this chick" it was originally "I can't believe this shit". :D

Christine Yubeta said...

I absolutely loved this season of The Voice. I was not prepared for how much I would adore Pharrell and Gwen. They are just perfect and I hope they stick around a few seasons.

Karen M. Peterson said...

I'm hit or miss with watching The Voice, but I like it INFINITELY more than American Idol.

And I love that "Take me to Church" song.