Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Ha to youse all....

Here is to ALL of my friends and family who told me that Lee DeWyze (winner of season 9 on American Idol) would never be more than a "lounge singer."

He made it to The Walking Dead, dudes.

The fucking WALKING DEAD!!!!

I knew I found gold in his voice the second I heard I him sing. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Bing, my lovely wife, who grimaced each and every time I tried to put my Lee DeWyze cd in the car player, saying that he was a connoisseur of copycat table tunes and nothing to get excited about....as we sat watching Walking Dead and she said, "God, this is a great tune, so haunting. Who's singin' this?" Well, I produced SHAZAM on my smart phone and smirking, held the phone out to her....

"Blackbird Song" by Lee DeWyze.

Uh, huh. Uh, huh. You betcha.

I always knew he was gold, dudes. I love his voice....

)

 I think it is time that she ate a little blackbird crow, yes???

7 comments:

Jacquelineand.... said...

Be nice and give her some catsup to douse it with.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Oh wow this is awesome to make it on such a heavily-watched show!

lily cedar said...

What a beautiful, sad song.

kj said...

Unusual to sing with such restraint. I've always liked lee and I'm glad for him

Karen M. Peterson said...

That was such a great song and such a perfect moment for it in the show. I had no idea it was Lee Dewyze!

Moonboots said...

Love this.

Destingirls said...

That's funny because I heard the sing too and wondered who sang it.