Monday, March 19, 2012

I feel pretty, oh so pretty

I know that it is very wrong to be vain.

But, I can't help it. I wore my stella peplum wiggle dress today to work.

And my new Stuart Weitzman black kitten heeled pumps. (Would have loved to wear high heels but the old gray mare ain't what she used to be...or rather...can't wear high heels anymore without being crippled for days afterwards...so settled for black pumps instead. But, google Stu's shoes. They are gorgeous. Any kind, any color.)

I never wear hats, but this outfit begged for one, so I wore this one.

And topped it off with my sassy Duwop red lipstick.

I felt so good. All day.

I know that what matters is what is on the inside, but sometimes...I just need to feel like I look smashing.

Even when I am at work.

And the frosting on the cake is if I can make Bing go a little speechless when I click clack by her with my shoes on the hard wooden floor. I like to see her mouth go a bit slack.

Okay, sometimes I need to make her mouth go a bit slack....

Don't you need this too sometimes?

8 comments:

Josie Two Shoes said...

This is exactly why phone call centers require their help to dress up even though they never see their customers. If you feel good about yourself it comes thru in your attitude and it makes you feel better all day... good for you, great way to soften up a Monday! :-) Darn, I wish we could see pics of you at times like this, all dolled up!

Alice Kildaire said...

I LOVE that dress! Such a classic, gorgeous look.

sybil law said...

Absofuckinglutely!

Lilith said...

I love that dress. Big time. I just have no place to wear it. I spend all my time in scrubs and then jeans at home. And yes, sometimes I need to make my sweetie's mouth go slack.

Anonymous said...

You crack me up, Maria!

I saw an older woman recently... she was all dolled up... (and no, I'm not saying you are that old!... i'm getting to a point here... )

I just thought... it's not about the age, condition of body, or anything else... it's just an attitude thing.

and no right or wrong, either.

as we age, some of us say screw it and go for pure comfort.

others of us continue to doll it up.

for both groups, finding that place of joy is all about finding our fulcrum of power.

i love seeing people happy... whether they got their walking shoes and mom jeans on or they're gussied up with a neat black hat and kitten heels.

it's the happiness that really counts.

enjoy!

zc

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Oh, yes. Sometimes ones emotional health just demands it. Rock on!

Zebsmom said...

Oh Maria, your beautiful. Just once in my life I would like to wear that dress!!

Bing is a lucky lady!!

Wally B said...

A few years ago, I was given a back handed compliment from a good friend who was talking to my wife. "He cleans up well", she said, after making my entrance dressed in a vintage black tuxedo.
I bet you looked stunning.