Wednesday, December 28, 2011

see you on the flip side....

I put my last full day of work in today for a while.

I'm off now until January 4th.

Which is good because my left ankle has decided to swell up like a grapefruit! Oh, well...LOTS of caretakers around here. And I can elevate it and ice it, sleep in...God...SLEEP IN. The JOY of not waking to an alarm clock for a week!

My company is here until January 3rd. One of my Christmas gifts was a whole house cleaning from a maid service who are coming TOMORROW, so not only will I get to lollygag, I will lollygag in a glistening clean house!

I'm going to take a blogging break as well so that I can only do minimal computer time for a week.

Instead, I think I'll watch my daughter go ice skating.

Watch the marathon of The Big Bang Theory on New Year's Eve. Maybe bang some pots and pans around if I make it 'til midnight.

Read. Read. Read.

Stay warm in my aqua blue bamboo sheets with the electric blanket kicked to high to keep my always cold feet warm.

Visit with Vince, Thuan, Tinton and Nirand.

Take a nap with Socks.

Take a nap with my daughter. Good hell, I will take a nap with any of the four guys mentioned as long as they throw in an ankle rub.

Watch Jeopardy! with my family and beat their pants off. Because I can. I am surprisingly good at knowing little known facts about Victorian religious beliefs, islands in the Pacific and words associated with knitting.

Eat all the Vietnamese and Indian food that Thuan and Nirand can make.

Supervise the taking down of the Christmas decorations. Right now, it is too early, I'm still in the Christmas glow. By January 2, I will be ready to stick a fork in Christmas until next year.

Speaking of January 2nd....I will watch the Cornhuskers win their bowl game.

Take long hot bubble baths. Rub my skin down with baby oil.

Hold my partner, kiss my partner, have carnal knowledge with my partner. Several times.

So, Happy New Year to you all and I'll see you next year!

19 comments:

sybil law said...

Happy New Year to you, Bing, Liv, Socks and all your wonderful guests. I hope you have a lovely vacation from work!
xoxo

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Happy New Year to you and your amazing family, Maria! Enjoy your blissful week of doing only what you want to do, every minute of it.

See you next year!

Earth Muffin said...

Happy New Year to you and yours, Maria! Enjoy your time off.

ChiTown Girl said...

Happy New Year, my friend!

Everything you described sounds delicious! I'm off until Jan. 9, so I just may have to use your list as a guide. :)

Vinita said...

Thank you and Happy New Year to all of you at home too. Hugs. Have loads of fun and enjoy your holiday. Will wait to read all about it when you're back.

lyon de clarasvals said...

Happy Hogmany to you and your houseful.

JohnD said...

Happy New Year - all things may be done in moderation for most fulfillment. LOL!

Mitch Block said...

Wishing you a very happy New Year and an unswollen ankle!

Fenstar de Luxe said...

Happy New Year to you and your lot, hopefully your ankle subsides quickly.

Good luck with the sleep ins. My terrible two (felines) have been waking me at 4am every day. I'm totally unimpressed!

jenny said...

sounds lovely, I'm not looking forward to life going back to normal on the 4th!

Please blog about the maid service, I'm always curious about what they do exactly? they would have to find the dirt under all the stuff we have, its not on a 'hoarders' level but...

Katie in CT said...

How luxurious--a bucket list for a week's vacation at home if I ever heard one. Enjoy!

Mark said...

Enjoy this time when you can. And take full advantage of that swollen ankle. I would get tons of mileage out of that myself.
And now you got me hungry for some Chicken Marsala. And it's 1.5 hours until lunch. I think I might die!!!
Happy New Year!
m.

Tiger Chanter said...

Sounds like Heaven! Enjoy and Happy New Year! :)

Sarahf said...

Happy New Year to you too. I'm spending the holiday watching endless episodes of "Spooks", and occasionally venturing out to read at Starbucks. I might venture out to the temple tomorrow night for the midnight ceremony, but then again, a night curled up at home sounds equally good!

Rose said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend some time off! Happy New Year 2012, Maria!

the cuby poet said...

Rest your ankle, take it easy and let others 'do' everything around you. By the way who, what are the Cornbuskers? Happy 2012 Maria!

MakingSpace said...

Hi Maria, I've read your blog off and on over the last couple of years but just now commenting. Thought I'd let you know I'm here! Enjoy your time off and Happy New Year!

the only daughter said...

Sorry your boys didn't pull out the win but hopefully that wasn't enough to derail your R & R which sounds ab. fab. Happy New Year to one and all. Catch a few more zzzzs.

Peace.

e said...

Sorry about your Huskers... Hope the rest of the holiday was wonderful.

xoxo
e