Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Do you ever dream about famous people?

I really wonder.

I sometimes dream about famous people. Do you? And what do you think it means?

A couple of nights ago, I dreamed that I was in a period play and had on this beautiful, long lavender Victorian gown. My sister texted me to tell me that Jon Hamm (gorgeous actor from Mad Men) was on his way to see me because he wanted to hear that "dirty joke" that I had told on Thanksgiving about a banana.

I had no recollection of telling a dirty joke and before I could contemplate it much, there he was, running down a hall towards me, laughing and yelling, "I can't wait to hear that joke!"

I decided to just make one up and said something about "why is a dick like a banana?"

I don't know how I pulled it off, but I made him laugh. And I was sitting there thinking how COOL it was to actually meet Jon Hamm. I suddenly remembered that I had a show to act in, so tried to leave, but he kept tickling me, asking for a "little smooch."

I started running for the stage and let me tell you, I was flying like the wind. I thought to myself how WONDERFUL it was to run like this, like when I was a kid. And there was Jon, right beside me, laughing.

We had to run through the audience to get to the stage and then we both started laughing backstage about how we had "fooled" the audience into thinking that this was all part of the play.

I woke up when Bing nudged me awake.

"You were laying there LAUGHING," she said. "It was sort of freaky. I was going to just let you sleep, but you were loud and I need to sleep, honey."

She fell back asleep almost immediately, so I didn't get a chance to tell her my dream until the next day when I talked about it at the dinner table with all of our guests, too.

For the record:

Liv has dreamed a few times about Lady Gaga, but no one else.
Vince often has vivid dreams about famous people, even dead ones. He had one particularly satisfying dream about Paul Newman...
Thuan, to his knowledge, has never dreamed about anyone famous, but he says that he practically never remembers his dreams.
Tinton dreams occasionally about them, but not enough that he recalls any past dreams.
Nirand says that he dreams about cartoon characters coming to life sometimes (Daria, Porky Pig, Family Guy) but he doesn't remember dreaming about any famous people.

Everyone thought my dream was pretty funny, but Thuan reminded me that we had eaten ham (Jon HAMM) that night and Nirand remembered that we had all watched the movie The Town that evening too and Jon Hamm is in that. So, maybe a combination of what I ate and a movie?

So, here is my question.

Do you ever dream about famous people? And if so, can you share one of your dreams?

Sleep tight....

13 comments:

Vinita said...

Honestly can't remember dreams the next morning. Unless its family or something.

Mark said...

I never dream about famous people. But by coincidence, I'm reading your blog while wearing a long lavender Victorian gown. Talk about freaky!
m.

Mitch Block said...

When I was a kid, I used to dream all the time about Annette Funicello from the original Mickey Mouse Club. (So, I've really dated myself now.) I was probably between the ages of 8 and 10 and I had a major crush on her (you'd think my crush would have been on Bobby... or even Cubby). She was always in love with me and couldn't live without me. I can't remember any details (probably just as well). I would so much rather dream about John Hamm.

Earth Muffin said...

I have had dreams about famous people. I remember one vividly about James Van Der Beek, the guy from Dawson's Creek. He was very adamant about kissing me and I was resisting. No idea why I dreamt of him, I was never a Dawson's Creek fan and I don't find him attractive. There have been other dreams of the rich and famous, but I can't recall any as vividly as that one.

I also find that if I'm profoundly affected by a movie, I'll dream about it. Into the Wild really stirred up feelings in me and due to time constraints we had to watch it in 2 nights. The night between our viewings, I couldn't keep that kid out of my head. I felt like I was in Alaska with him. Same thing happened after watching Heath Ledger in The Dark Night.

sybil law said...

I've definitely had dreams about famous people - and a couple were some super sex charged dreams, too. In other dreams, they're just... there, like, hanging at the party, or whatever.

weese said...

so just dreaming about them then...not sleeping with them ;)

famous people do make cameo appearances in my dreams - but i am always playing the lead.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I've had famous people in my dreams periodically, although I don't now remember specifics -- Julia Roberts at least twice but don't know why since I consider her a Movie Star as opposed to a great actor, (Peter O'Toole in "My Favorite Year") and do not identify with her as far as I know. I have had dreams with Paul Newman (he gets around, that Paul) and Johnny Depp, but those are pretty obvious as they are/were both yummy men. I was an actor at one time, so I often dream of being onstage and either forgetting my lines or worse, speaking lines from the wrong play.

As far as your crew goes, I love Nirand's dreams as I have never heard of anyone dreaming of cartoon characters before.

poet said...

not many famous folks interrupt my slumber. Happy New Year and sleep well. *gentle hugs* with love, poet.

John Gray said...

AN X RATED dream about singer Matt Alber........
I could kill you but you couldn't take the details x

Rose said...

I often dream about famous people. Just last night, I dreamed I was in an old Victorian house, and author Neil Gaiman walked in. I am gaga about Neil Gaiman (I call him my online boyfriend), so I was dumbfounded and couldn't find my voice to speak. He started talking to me, which I'm sure has something to do with me listening to an interview with him recently and finding his voice very soothing. I don't remember what he said, but I remember being very, very happy.

So yeah...those celebs turn up fairly often for me. :-)

Grumpy Granny said...

I once had a dream that I was riding a horse in a parade. It was a white horse like The Lone Ranger's Silver, and I was sitting on the horse in front of President Clinton. Hilary was walking on the street at the side of the horse, talking, just talking, talking, talking, but not to us. I have no idea what the parade was for, who it was to honor, etc. I, too, woke up from that dream laughing and still remember that parade even years later.

I also once had a dream about Harvey Korman from the Carol Burnett show.

No idea why on either of those.
GG

Prairie Wanderer said...

Two that I can remember...

One dream involved me playing with Joey and Johnny Ramone on stage, and feeling very nerdy and out of place. I remember Joey trying to build my confidence, but he had such a thick New York drawl and over the music, I couldn't understand anything he was saying. So I just started jumping around playing the bass (no, I have no clue how to play) until Johnny started yelling at me to stop being such a fucking idiot. Then I stopped and just stood there, while the rest of the band played.

And there was another dream with Clint Eastwood, but he wasn't Clint Eastwood... he was Roland from Stephen King's Dark Tower series. No surprises there, 'cos that's who I imagine, but that's all I remember.

Fenstar de Luxe said...

I dreamed I was married to John Simm, it was freakishly real too. Even when I woke up I had to lie there for a bit wondering which reality I was currently in. Not sure about other famous people though...