Monday, November 21, 2011

Ugh...terrible feeling

I woke up at 5:00 a.m.

Remembered that it was Sunday, so I could sleep in.

I snuggled back under the covers, sighing with pleasure, stretched out my toes and started to go back to sleep.

Heard the alarm go off. Felt Bing sit up sleepily, lean across me, kissing my cheek as she turned it off. Then she turned on the quiet light on her side of the bed.

I turned to lay on my back and groaned loudly.

Bing laughed softly. Leaned over to kiss me again. Said, "It's a short week, honey. But, yeah...then...we get your family for the weekend..."

I groaned again. Answered her. "I thought it was Sunday and I was just going back to sleep when the alarm went off!"

Silence. And then Bing got up, walking lazily naked to the bathroom.

She turned over her shoulder. "Ah, sorry...sweetheart. That is a sucky feeling."

Darn tootin'.

4 comments:

Mark said...

Yep, sorry dude! It's Monday.
m.

Kimberly said...

There is nothing worse than thinking you can sleep in only to be rudely awakened by an alarm clock OR a person. Except maybe staying up to work until 2 a.m., having two toddlers wake you up crying at 3:30 for no good reason, taking an hour to get back to sleep, then being awakened by your alarm at 6. Which was my night.

Get to bed early tonight! And enjoy the knowledge that it's a short week!

sybil law said...

I forgot to turn off my alarm, too. Got to go back to sleep, though. Sorry you had to get up and move!!

Sappho and Manly said...

Completely off topic, sorry...What happened with Charlie??? Did you give him the coat?