Sunday, September 04, 2011

Help!

Well, Bing has my new computer up and running and I am ready to tear my hair out over the keyboard. I told her that I DETEST this new keyboard and she swears up and down and sideways that if I just give it a chance, I will love it.

I wil give it one month and if I hate it still, she says she will change it back.

The new mac is faster than my old one, but I am an old dog...I like things to stay the same...LIKE MY OLD KEYBOARD. This new one isn't like typing on a typewriter keyboard, but is "touch set" so all I have to do is sort of skim my fingers over it and letters pop out. Unwanted letters, in my case. Bing says that it will be better for my arthritis. We will see. Right now, I am just...frustrated.

Anyone else have this new fangled key board? Did you acclimate to it?

And when did Bing get so fucking bossy? I also keep being asked by something called LiveUpdate to key in my password. I don't HAVE a password. When I showed it to Bing, she sort of scowled and said to just pull it to the side until she can get to it. Well, you know how fast she is about finding time to do this shit. She bought us all new computers in early June and it wasn't until today that she hooked them up.

And all of my bookmarks are gone, so I must start all over. A shame because, whenever someone comments on my blog, I bookmark their blog site so that I can make a visit to their blog as well. I had about 50 bookmarked that are all gone now. SO...if you recently commented on one of my posts and I don't have you in my blogroll, comment again and I will get to you.

And guess where the old computers are? Sitting in my office plugged into a power strip because Bing says that until she can get rid them of them, they have to stay plugged in so they don't lose power. MORE MESS. Frustration. I told her that this is not NORMAL, that when people buy a new television, etc. they don't keep the old one. She just gave me one of her looks.

It is a constant battle between us...her need to live in a house so messy and sloppy that she could be on the show, "Hoarders" and me trying to keep things tidy.

Sometimes, she just irritates the snot out of me, ya know? (And dear Lee...I know you think it won't ever happen to you in your love bliss, but it WILL.) She also went grocery shopping today and asked me if there was anything I wanted that wasn't on the list. I said yes, some Noosa honey yogurt would be nice for a snack tonight when True Blood was on.

Guess what was the one thing that she forgot? Yup.

And she also bought raisin bread instead of rye bread because it "looked tasty and we don't need two loaves of bread."

Well, I somehow don't think that Liv will enjoy her tuna salad sandwiches on raisin bread instead of rye.

Sometimes, I look at her and want to throw a grape at her head, you know?

So, let's have a bitch fest. What does your spouse/partner/whomever do that bugs the hell out of you?

Have a go, folks....


20 comments:

heartinsanfrancisco said...

My son bought me a new iMac for my birthday in late June and while I love the computer, I hated the new little flat keyboard. After nearly two months, I was still not hitting the space bar correctly and all my words ran together so that I had to go back and insert breaks. It was maddening. I found that the old-style keyboard with lift to the keys and two sets of number pads would work with the new Mac, plugged in. I am very happy now. Oh, and the first time the new mouse batteries needed replacing, I hooked up my old mouse and it works too. If your new computer is a Mac, you can take it and your old one to the Apple store genius bar and they will transfer all your data to the new one. They will remove anything you've added, though, so it's blank before they do this. If you want more details like cost, email me.

DB said...

I am no longer supposed to talk on the internets about what my SO does that irritates me. Yet, I think my earlier post will probably be criticized as being overly negative.

Lawfrog said...

Adjusting to new technology is never fun. On the topic of bookmarks though, go to http://www.xmarks.com/ and download it. It's free and it will store your bookmarks so that they can be downloaded on any computer anywhere. That way, if you change computers, your bookmarks can come with you using xmarks.com. You just download xmarks on the new computer and viola, there are all your bookmarks.

Lawfrog said...

I meant to continue with that last post:

If your old computer is still hooked up, go to it and download xmarks.com on it so it can store your bookmarks. Then, download xmarks.com on your new computer and you should be able to recover all your bookmarks. Good luck!

LL Cool Joe said...

At the moment just breathing...

...and we are having a big party next Saturday to celebrate 25 years together. Sounds more like a life sentence really. :D

Destingirls said...

Wow, what a question. I think I would have to say her inability to express how she feels. She hates talking, especially about her feelings. She thinks any sort of heated discussion is an argument...where I just think it's a heated discussion. But I wouldn't change a thing about her, love her just the way she is. She's all mine folks!

mostraum said...

Well, she's fairly helpless on the computer. Screaming "help" for the smallest thing. Of course, that makes me feel kind of superior, so I guess it's not that annoying :-)

The annoying habit is leaving all her clothes, cleanish or dirty, in one big heap on the bedroom floor. When it comes to washing time she has no idea what's what, so I'm sure we do a lot more laundry than we need to. Also, whenever she makes dinner or any other meal, afterwards the kitchen looks like it's been hit by a tornado. How hard is it to clean up as you go along?
Other than that I find her absolutely adorable!

Jamie said...

Keep in ind that we are moving, and at least in my relationship, that always causes stress. However..

the other night, Mark was going to the local convenience store. HE ASKED ME, "would you like me to get you a cup of coffee?"? My answer was "NO". I added that I didn't like the coffee from that particular store. I told him that I would make a cup, here at home. Yep-- he came home with a cup of coffee for me.

I don't know WHO he is listening to but it sure as hell is NOT me.

And yes, he often irritates the crap right out of me.
Can't live with 'em, can't hold a pillow over their faces until they
stop squirming. LOL

Happy DAY OFF FROM WORK! :)

Annemarie of Holland said...

He always leaves just one (1) sheet of toilet paper on the roll, so that I have to change the damn thing again. AGAIN. He does this ALWAYS. He claims he doesn't need that much paper and so using that last sheet only for the sake of there not being just one (1) sheet left would be a waste. AAAARGH!

mcCutcheon said...

Hey Maria! I know, being a health professional you have probably already thought about this yourself, but in case you haven't: does bing by any chance have adult ADHD? I'm probably just thinking that because I recently found out I do, so maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway. I'm sure you'll get used to the keyboard. You managed to write your blog post, didn't you? :)

Chris said...

ok. you asked. Rob is 55, yet he shuffles around here in his crocs like he is 125. PICK UP YOUR DAMN FEET runs through my head about 50 times a day, or as many times as he shuffles by me when I am in the den doing my homework and all I can think about is the shuffleshuffleSHUFFLE

B said...

OMG, a keyboard like that would drive me nuts.

MB Partlow said...

Computers: give up. As the nontechnical one in our marriage, I learned to just give up on understanding why we have to save old computers or old computer PARTS. Sure, you could cobble them together some day into a frankenmachine, but will you? Really?

On the other hand, he doesn't complain about my occasional compulsion to buy yarn for projects that may or may not ever see the light of day. But hey--the cats can always play with the yarn. Not so much the old keyboards.

But what bugs the hell out of me? Not washing out his wine glass. We have a lovely set of crystal glasses, and they can't go in the dishwasher. How hard is it to take five seconds to wash it out and put it in the drainboard? Nope. Leaves it sitting on the counter until infinity and beyond. I'm not including times when we both have wine, or we have company. But if you're the only one having a glass after dinner, wash out the damn glass. Ditto the antique rocks glasses you drink bourbon out of.

sandy shoes said...

Oh Maria, if I start, I will never stop. I'm the one who, asked "would you do it all over again?", can't answer as quickly as everyone else.

Anonymous said...

Maria, my partner is oblivious to clutter. I've deliberately left a piece of something on the floor just to see how long it takes for her to pick it up. Invariably, it will stay there even though she has to step over it to get to the other side of room. Ugh! Also, she will start a project with no advance planning, just jump in with both feet and figure it out along the way. Not a problem, except it usually means buying more parts, pieces or tool because what she thought would work doesn't. i guess i need to focus on the things she does well, but sometimes it's hard to do! I'm not perfect either...

mcCutcheon said...

annemarie, I hear you, my wife does that too. I mean, how fucking hard is it to rip that damn last piece off and put out the new roll?? I'm very eco-conscious but that ONE. DAMN. PIECE. Really?

rainy5982 said...

Grr... The need for him to bitch at me because I spent money on something, but then he goes out and buys a 3000 dollar laptop. Yeah. Still not happy about that one.

pawsingtospeak said...

I have always been a windows gal, and have had this mac for over a year - we are making a video for our daughter's wedding and I am trying to learn how to on the mac. Most say it is easy, I guess it is if you don't want to edit anything...

ewww tuna salad on raisin bread... but rye doesn't sound that great either...

jenny said...

Hmm, if I started I would never stop but we just got engaged so I'd better not...

oh ok, he never wipes the draining board down after washing up, he leaves the cutlery drawer open after using it, when drying up he justs piles it on the oven and work top and rarely puts it away, he brings in half dry washing from the line, dumps it on the sofa and says he is helping?!?!He hangs towels on the side of the bath to 'dry', we have a heated towel rack, why not hang them on there like everyone else?

But I do love him even though I could strangle him at times!x

e said...

The list is long, but this might be at the top:

If we have a conversation about someone else, she will dictate, literally, exactly what she thinks I should say to the person. She does this all the time. All the effing time. Sometimes I scream: STOP! Stop telling me what to say! I happen to be a native English speaker who has a brain and isn't afraid to use it. Good grief, that drives me crazy. CRAZY!