Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Last night, I had a naughty dream.

I will spare you the details.

But, suffice it to say, it was lovely. James McAvoy had a starring role and we were at some sort of state fair. I was eating cotton candy and we were watching some sort of ridiculous clown act. We both looked at each other from across the aisle, both bored and both needy.

And we found a private place by an ocean. A cove of some sort.

Isn't it nice the way that dreams provide exactly what you need? Well, sometimes...they also provide exactly what is scaring the hell out of you, but not this one. Not this one.

I woke up to the morning alarm, the dream still vivid in my head, feeling slightly ashamed as I kissed Bing good morning with the taste of James still on my mouth.

"Any nice dreams?" she asked me.

What she doesn't know won't hurt her.

But, I did put gel in my hair to make it stick up in a nice sassy way and I put the dark green outfit back in my closet and put on the vivid red one instead.

And instead of eating my tuna sandwich at my desk today for lunch, I believe that I will go to that little cafe that serves those juicy medium rare burgers that I like.

I need to eat something a little decadent.

I want to carry that dream through the day.

And a big THANK YOU to James McAvoy.

8 comments:

jo.irish.rose said...

ohhh, maria you baaaaaaad girl you...i know how you feel. sometimes i have a bad/good dream too though. i feel guilty a bit. but ya know? what the heck? we can't control our dreams, can we? so why not just enjoy them a bit? you go and enjoy your lunch and red dress and spikey hair....and i will sit here and think of my trip to my daughters. not the same. but hey...works for me. lol have a happy "hump" day....gives it new meaning now, doesn't it? lmao!!

sybil law said...

Oh I loooove those dreams!! Enjoy your day! :D

That corgi :) said...

I have to admit I didn't know who James McAvoy is, but I did click on the link.....I can see why that was a good dream! my gosh, very good looking young man (I think I'm old enough to be his mother).

I always like a good dream!! hope you had a great hamburger!

betty

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Mmmm, dreams. I think such dreams are little gifts from our own subconscious, and they are harmless unless we lose track of the fact that they are, in fact, dreams. A night without dreams is practically wasted, so enjoy!

Sarahf said...

That James McAvoy gets around a bit. He features highly in a number of my dreams!

Mark said...

Bad girl! Bad!

Anonymous said...

Damn you for leaving out the details.

Spare us, indeed.

;)!

the only daughter said...

Well now.