Waiting for Liv to get home while Bing and her fix it friend attempt to fix the light switch in the kitchen that sometimes just plain refuses to work until you jiggle it back and forth furiously. I just heard her friend say, "Your house is really oddly wired."
Doesn't sound too promising.
In the meantime, I got an e-mail from a friend who gave me this "fun and wacky" deely bopper meme thing to see how my 2011 is going to go. You put your tunes on random and then ask these questions and the song that comes up is the prophetic answer.
So...crossing my fingers because like this is for real, dudes.
1) What will your partner say over and over to you in bed this year?
She Drives Me Crazy.
Well,now. Imagine my shock and surprise.
2) What do your co-workers think about you this year?
Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word.
Tell me about it. My secretary has never once apologized for anything. And we are talking about knocking a full coffee pot over on my new coat.
3) What will run through your mind over and over this year?
Bad Moon Rising.
Been there. Done that.
4) What will be the best part of the new year for you?
No thank you. I already have too many. I choose to keep the ones I have on Lee DeWyze, Laura Linney, Tina Fey and Johnny Depp. The ones in real life? Best to let them fall off on the wayside. And like Emily Dickinson, I tend to think that "life is over there behind the shelf." I prefer my crushes to be unattainable. Easier on all of us.
5) What will be the worst part of the new year for you?
There's Your Trouble.
Well, thanks. That's about as helpful as my car mechanic. Tell me that "there's your trouble" but then be so vague that I have no idea what my trouble is.
6) What does your best friend really think about you this year?
Two Sleepy People.
God, that is just us, isn't it, Harriet? One of us is always tired and more likely, we are both sleepy.
7) Name 7 important people in your life and this will be your theme song with them this year?
1) Bing. Morning Has Broken. Yup. That would be us looking at that damn alarm clock and groaning every day.
2) Liv. "Til There Was You. Oh, honey. So true, so very true.
3) Harriet. Rebel Yell. Laughing. If we aren't sleepy, we are ready to raise some fresh Mommy hell, right? You are my partner in crime, my shoulder and the reason I just snorted diet coke out of my nose.
4) My sisters (interchangeable, really just like one person). Goodnight Saigon. It's always a war, isn't it? Can't we all just get along?
5) Vince (good friend in Chicago...med school buddy...genius). Famous People.
Sort of fitting. Since Lee DeWyze is from Chicago, I have him on Lee alert at all times. He saw Lee at a Papa John's getting pizza a few days ago and actually called me on his cell phone and asked me if I wanted to talk to him. I sat there frozen like a teenage girl fan and kept vacillating between yes and no so long that it was too late, he left. And then when I kicked myself in the ass for being shy, he said, "Hey, he looked kind of crabby anyway. And what is it about cute young white dudes that they think wearing beanies is boss? He is a handsome guy. Why hide that full head of hair? Wait until he is my age and he'll be going around like that Bret Michaels and look like a has been rock star." I love you, Vince. Even though your hair is looking more like Matt Lauer every day.
6) Tinton (Liv's father). Mandy.
Now, I am totally embarrassed because I now have to admit that I actually have this on my song wheel. But, his girlfriend's name is not Mandy, so dude...what is up with that shit?
7) Julie (co-worker, best bud at work). Maxwell's Silver Hammer.
I just KNEW that bitch had a freak flag. I like her even more now.
8) What is your health going to be like this year?
Carry That Weight
Excuse me? Did you just insinuate that I am FAT?
9) What is the best sentence to sum up your romantic life this year?
Whataya Want From Me?
Oh, well. Sort of sounds like me on any given day, doesn't it, honey?
10) And finally, what is the best sentence to sum up your life in general this year?
Another Sleep Song
God, is there a refrain going on here? Because ok, I admit it, I pretty much would rather sleep than do anything else. But since I am going to be fat and surrounded by bad moons rising, maybe it is for the best.
So...laying down the gauntlet.
Go to your ipod, phone, whatever and put it on random play. Now, tell me what song appears to describe your year. Don't be a chicken butt, tell the truth.