First...if you get the chance, go buy the latest issue of Rolling Stone magazine.
The Kings of Leon are on the cover and a decent write up on them...but the real draw this month is a piece by Matt Taibbi called The Class Clowns.
Fucking fantastic. Brilliant piece of work. Read it. And take notes. I did.
And now, for your reading pleasure and because I am just plain lazy....
A Meme. Swiped from plufrompdx.
1) My ex is long gone but not completely forgotten. I still have nightmares about her from time to time.
2) Maybe I should get the floors in the house sanded and polished. When the floors are clean, I just feel better about life. It is the long buried June Cleaver gene in me that pops up from time to time, usually in the Spring time.
3) I love going to the movies on a Sunday afternoon. Since Liv has a playdate, Bing and I are running off to see this.
4) People would say that I am aloof. I get it ALL the time. Funny, I don't feel aloof but I must put that vibe out there or something.
5) I don't understand why anyone would want to be a Republican.
6) When I wake up in the morning I groan. My alarm is set to the hispanic radio station and set LOUD. And the alarm clock is across the room so that I physically have to get out of the bed to shut it off. Otherwise, I would slam down on the snooze button until noon. Nothing like Mexican polkas to make you want to get out of a bed FAST and shut it the fuck UP.
7) I lost my innocence about the world long ago.
8) Life is full of disappointment. It is also full of opportunity. You just have to realize that we all get a turn, but some of us get more than others and it doesn't mean a thing. It doesn't mean that God likes them better or whatever. You have to let that go and concentrate on grabbing the brass ring when it is your turn.
9) My past is full of embarrassing moments, great achievements, really dumb decisions, boredom, excitement and some purely joyful moments.
10) I get annoyed by people who insist on having word verification on their blogs. Seriously folks, we HATE it. It is a pain in the ass and I can't tell you how many blogs I roll my eyes at when I see that damn word verification thingy at the end of the comment box. Please? LOSE IT.
11) Parties are torturous. I detest them. I drag my feet. I usually want to go home within ten minutes of arriving. Unfortunately, I live with Bing, the party girl. She LOVES a party. The only thing she loves more than going to a party is giving a party. Ugh.
12) I wish life was not so twisty and turny. Especially this past year. I feel like I have been on an emotional roller coaster and I am so hungry for...for...the humdrum days that I used to take for granted.
13) Dogs are not your children. I used to mock people who treated their pets like their children or part of their family. And then we got Socks. That dog is my confidante, my slavish audience and my comforter. I have to sometimes stop myself from talking to him in front of people. Because I am truly nauseating sometimes.
14) Cats are mind readers. And sort of sly. Plus, they always want to sit in my lap and refuse to understand that I don't really want them sitting there looking up at me, knowing all my secrets. Because they do. Know my secrets. And yours too. Cats could rule the world if they wished.
15) Tomorrow is a day without being awakened by an alarm clock. Hurrah!
16) I have a low tolerance for know it alls. And blog stalkers. I have google analytics, fools. I CAN SEE YOU.
17) If I had a million dollars I would pay off the house, buy us new cars and save the rest for Liv's college tuition.
18) I'm totally terrified of dying a bag lady. I have no reason to fear this, but I still am afraid of it. I also have a fear of dying and having no one really miss me. It is all pretty silly, but a fear is a fear is a fear. Oh, and snakes. I hate snakes. And mice.
!9) My partner is one of the calmest, most easy going people you would ever meet. She has LOW blood pressure.
20) My life is not as fun as I wish it could be, but I'm working on it. I'm working on it.
So..have a good Sunday, y'all. After the movie, we are coming home and having turkey breast, mashers and gravy and corn on the cob. And buttermilk biscuits. Pickles from our garden. Homemade strawberry jam. Chocolate milk for Liv. Wine for me. Green tea for Bing. Asian pears for dessert, sliced and sprinkled with honey. Want to join us?