Monday, August 04, 2008

Dreams about Britney Spears?

Oh, God...more like a nightmare.

I dreamed that I was at some sort of party and Britney was there. With her children. Except in my dream, they were both infants.

LOTS of people there and they all seemed to have babies, including me. I had Liv, but she was an infant.

I realized that I was responsible for showing these people how to diaper and care for their babies. How to tend to them.

They were all sitting in Britney's living room, smoking dope and drinking, listening to music.

I was stuck in this room with a few other haggard looking women and we were tending the babies.

I went out to the living room and charmed Britney into coming in with her babies for a "learning session." I was demonstrating how to change a diaper, how to properly feed strained carrots to a baby, how to stop them from crying.

She kept wandering away and I kept trying to get her back on task.

Suddenly, she decided that I needed a "really good haircut" and we all piled into this car. I have no idea where all the babies went. Guess I am not the role model I thought that I was...

We were driving around the city and I commented that I thought there would be paparazzi. She laughed and said that they didn't bother her much anymore. She was driving really, really fast and I was nervous. Plus, everyone in the car seemed to be all young and perky.

She turned around and looked at me and said, "I like you, but you sure are ugly."

And that was the end of that dream.

Well, now. No wonder I wake up in the morning feeling like shit. I am spending way too much time having inane dreams about Britney Spears.

So, Chris, what's up with you and me and all these crazy baby dreams?

And for those of you who asked, we saw Batman, The Dark Knight yesterday. My god...Heath Ledger just blew my socks off. I kept thinking that this was the same sweet, tender man in Brokeback Mountain. I suppose that is what you call true acting, because he was so realistic. I mean, he had all the mannerisms of a total psychopath down pat....

And then we came home and I was tucked into bed by nine....

Maybe that is what caused me to have my Britney dream....

Tell me about your crazy dreams....

24 comments:

Val said...

Hmmm... you have way too many dreams! Perhaps that's why you're so tired?!!!! SHUT YOUR MIND OFF, Maria! ;)

Tina-cious.com said...

I only tend to remember the bad ones. :P

CDJ said...

I have the most boring dreams ever. Last night, for instance, I dreamt that I had to move some boxes out of the way so I could get my car out of the garage. The boxes (in my dream) were making that sound that boxes make when you slide them across concrete and then I heard Spike (in real life) and in my dream I froze because I didn't want the noise from the box to wake him up. I lead a very, very exciting life, as you can see.

Fusion said...

I don't have many dreams anymore, after my wife died they stopped completely for a long time. After I moved to Australia they came back for a while.

My most vivid dream happened when I was a teen, and it had John Wayne in it. I was shot, and dying, but what I remember the most was how much it hurt, I suppose like getting shot would. In the dream, I died, and then I woke up. To this day it's one of two I remember. The other one was a sexual dream that actually came true in Oz, not talking about it here ;)

Fusion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

hey, at least me and the rat baby weren't there.

kudos to dream you for at least trying to teach these ninnies something!

sandy shoes said...

Ha! I have celebrity dreams sometimes.

Lately I've been dreaming about Barack Obama. Nothing sexy, just that we know each other and hang out.

I once dreamed that I had to submit a grad school thesis to Matt Damon and Ben Affleck. Even in the dream, I was thinking, actors? Really? That should be easy.

justme said...

I have mad dreams all the time, but unless I write them down immediately, which I rarely do, they have gone by mid day.....often just leaving a residual feeling which I can't quite explain. Like if I argue with someone in a dream and then feel cross with them all the next day!

Anonymous said...

I believe that dreaming of babies means new beginnings.

Trini said...

The nightmare that has stuck with me for the last ten years was dreaming that the raptors from Jurassic Park surrounded my house, managed to rip their way inside, ate the BF and then ate my dogs. It was so real that I could smell them in the dream. I woke up screaming and I was 19 at the time. I still shudder when I think about it.

the only daughter said...

Wow! Popcorn does that to a body?

My weird dream...let's see, there were these frogs. Ugh, I get the willies just thinking about it.

Another time. ;)

dive said...

Britney Spears decides YOU need a really good haircut?

BBC said...

Dream about her, I hardly even think about her except when I want to rant about her and wouldn't recognize her on the street.

I think that my dreams are different than most folks dreams. Often involving people I've never seen before, but they must be somewhere on this planet.

SPARSELY KATE said...

I once dreamt I was good friends with Prince William, Jennifer Anniston and Brad Pitt. I was on 'hosting duties' and because of my winning charm and personality I got them all to relax and they started treating me like I was in their inner circle.
Then I woke up. Doh!!

I was sad when Jen and Brad broke up...they'd been such a happy couple together in my dream. hahah.

SassyFemme said...

You dream beats mine about stealing a city bus and driving it a few hours north to my cousin's for help after I realized I shouldn't have stolen it.

simonsays said...

Holy crap woman...this was a nightmare, not a dream.

I think the way we dream is so funny...and who the hell really knows why?

I love it.

And I like you...but you are NOT ugly. LOL

Hugs and junk.

:)

Fate's Granddaughter said...

I tend to have vivid dreams anyway - but since the pregnant dreams started, vivid has taken on a whole new meaning!

For some reason I am having recurring dreams about rabid dogs trying to kill me and/or my baby. And every time my husband just lets them. Odd, frightening, and making me a little afraid of dogs for the first time in my life. I actually jumped when I heard barking at the bus stop yesterday!

Terroni said...

I leave you alone for three days and you're dreaming about Britney? Holy shit, woman.

I think we should blame this on the illness. And, I think we should start calling it your condition. I have a friend with a condition. When something happens, we explain it away.

"Oh, that's just her condition."

Really.
It works beautifully.
We've used to justify why she needs everything from meds and days off to orgasms and alcohol.

Arial Ray said...

You are not alone. I, too, have dreamed about Britney Spears, although I can't remember the context at all.

I remember my dreams when they have something important to tell me. I write them down when I can remember them. I once dreamed that I was looking after two babies who were lying on trays on top of the television. It was my job to keep them out of the water, but the water just kept coming in. And then I just left them there and forgot about them. Later that day I learned that my cousin had prematurely given birth to her twins. And I found out a few weeks later that I was pregnant.

Scout said...

Your subconscious has obviously judged Brittany as being unfit. Good for your subconscious.

I can't remember any crazy dreams, actually. They tend to disappear soon after I wake up.

MmeBenaut said...

I'm a bit behind with my blog reading Maria; well actually the commenting bit - especially when they have little brain teasers like dreams and gifts - I have to rush off to a dentist appt but will try to get back this afternoon if the computer is working!
We are so sad about Heath Ledger - he held such promise. Sigh.

Skeeter said...

Hi! Well, I'm not sure what causes it but it sure is fun to have dreams as far afield as the one you had.

Best wishes,
Skeeter

Angelissima said...

I love vivid dreams! I wish I had more of them...even though they can make you feel awful when you wake up if they're bad...still, I have them so rarely its always like going to Disney World for me.

zirelda said...

I posted my latest weirdo dream yesterday. sigh.