Just direct quotes from the douche bag himself and NOT out of context, so don't try to slip that one on me.
1) On homosexuality: "When a gay person turns his back on you, it's anything but an insult--it's an invitation. The difference between Los Angeles and yogurt is that yogurt comes with less fruit."
Oh,dear. Such a tired old joke from such a stupid old ass.
2) On Native Americans: "There are more American Indians alive today than there were when Columbus arrived or at any other time in history. Does this sound like a record of Genocide?"
Um. Rush, little man? Take a look at United States population stats. And, hey...I actually threw this one out to my eight year old child and she came back with the stats that it was figured that the population of the U.S. in 1776 was about 41,000, in 1940, it was about 132 million. In 2008, it was 300 million. So, our country is getting bigger. Now, hold on to your brain, this one is a toughie, I know...but statements like yours are so simple minded that I end up scratching my head. I am guessing that there are more Jews in the world since Hitler. Do you think maybe the holocaust was just a silly little scuffle? It amazes me that people take you seriously, it really does.
3) On Feminism: "Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream. Women were doing quite well in this country before feminism came along."
So, all you very unattractive women out there who love Rush so very much...has it ever occurred to you that if all men thought like this man, you would not HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE today? And I know you all aren't knock outs, so the next time you are kneeling at his throne or bringing him some brownies, realize that he makes fun of your fat ass the second you are out the door. Please, you are embarrassing the rest of us.
4) On Kurt Cobain: Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, was a worthless shred of human debris."
Hands off Kurt, big guy. Who wants to see you up on a stage? Smells like old fart spirit jealousy to me...
5) Speculating on how a Mexican won the New York marathon: "An immigration agent chased him for the last 10 miles."
Oh, hardee har har. You certainly crack yourself up, don't you? Let's see you run one city block...
6) On his cat: "She comes to me when she wants to be fed. And after I feed her, guess what--she's off to wherever she wants to be in the house until the next time she is hungry. She's smart enough to know she can't feed herself. She's actually a very smart cat. She gets loved. She gets adoration. She gets petted. She gets fed. And she doesn't have to do anything for it, which is why I say this cat's taught me more about women than anything in my whole life."
Sighing here. I have a dog. His name is Socks. He is male. (Am I keeping this simple enough for you, big guy?) He barks at strange shoes on the floor. He cannot keep his kibbles in his dish on his best day. He is afraid of the vacuum. He slurps like a pig when he drinks water. He chases rabbits. He is confounded by the fact that birds can seem to fly and he can't. Now, I could compare him to a man if I wanted to sound like an idjit. I don't. Because I am not one. You are.
7) On nuclear weapons: "The only way to reduce the number of nuclear weapons is to use them."
Rubbing my temples now. Oh, god...no matter what smart thing you ever said, do you have ANY idea how much damage you do with your mouth?
8) On democrats: "I know these people like I know every square inch on my glorious naked body."
Now, yes...I have no problem picturing you slavering over your own naked body. Somebody has to do that kind of dirty work.
9) On the Abu Ghraib prisoner abuse scandal: "This is no different than what happens at the Skull and Bones initiation...I'm talking about people having a good time, these people, you ever heard of emotional release? You ever heard of the need to blow some steam off?"
I can only celebrate that I will never ever have to attend a party at your house and see up close and personal what you see as "people having a good time." I believe it is called sadism or at the very least some sort of very sick minds at work. Do you string up your little female kitty cat and have some fun with a firecracker on her tail? Maybe pee in the punchbowl, you rapscallion? Slip mickeys in all those unattractive women's drinks? Just good clean fun. Uh huh.
My sister tells me that she loves Rush. That you have to look around some of his "theatrics" and see into his genius. I say that even Hitler probably had a few kind quirks, maybe he tickled Eva Braun in bed at night or told her she smelled nice sometimes. Maybe he fed his dog a bone now and then.
But he still was a madman. So, don't tell me to skip over Limbaugh's homophobic remarks, his racist remarks, his bigoted little smirks. I won't. We are responsible for our words. He is responsible for his.
And how anyone can think this man is worth listening to is just..unbelievable to me. I mean, look at the facts. Look at his words. And you LIKE this guy? What the hell is wrong with you?