GI Jane is a good friend of mine. She lives clear across the country and calls me every week after Lost to rehash the show and to keep me in line, in general. She doesn't have a blog, but she should because she is just THAT interesting. She reads mine and says it is "okay if you like that stream of consciousness sort of thing." She had a suggestion. She is a music nut and suggested that I list the top ten songs (or movies or books, whatever) that reflected my mood for the day.
So..this one is for you, kid.
1) Redemption by Johnny Cash. No..not because I have been a bad girl, but because I saw Battlestar Galactica last night and I am thinking that Starbuck cannot REALLY be dead. This is all part of her redemption.
2) In My Life by the Beatles. Because Bing and I had kind of a rocky weekend again and the truth is that I know I am hard on her and difficult and even though she doesn't read blogs and thinks they are stupid, I hope she knows that in spite of me acting all chilly, she has a place in my life that I cherish.
3) Keep Me in Your Heart by Warren Zevon. For Orna.
4) Big My Secret by Michael Nyman. Because I need to relax and this song takes me there and makes me feel like somebody hears the rhythms of my heart.
5) Down At The Twist And Shout by Mary Chapin Carpenter. Because this girl just has to dance.
6) A Letter to Elise by The Cure. I'm sorry that I couldn't be what you wanted. And you know who you are.
7) No Myth by Michael Penn. For, you, Gi Jane, because yes, I remember when you sent me this song and I DID understand. I just didn't know what to say.
8) Passionate Kisses by Mary Chapin Carpenter. Because once you think of one of her tunes, you start thinking of others that you like.
9) Shut Up And Kiss Me by Mary Chapin Carpenter. Ditto.
10) Don't You Need by Melissa Etheridge. Yeah, I do.
So, there you have it. Ah...I should have included Monday, Monday...but to tell you the truth, I am pretty much ready to tackle the week.
I hope you are ready to tackle yours too. Have a good one, y'alls.