Monday, February 26, 2007

Why I should have eaten the doughnut.

We stopped at Krispy Kreme on Saturday. We knew a storm was coming and were stocking up for the weekend. I held the bag of doughnuts on my lap all the way home. I kept opening the bag and sniffing the contents.

Heaven.

Fried heaven.

I didn't eat my glazed raspberry doughnut on Saturday or Sunday. I was waiting for the right moment. I have diabetes, so have to be careful with sweets.

This morning, I decided that this was a good time. It was time for breakfast, my blood sugar was a little low and I had the Monday blues something fierce.

I opened the bag.

And you guessed it....that doughnut was as hard as a rock. I could have used it for a hockey puck.

So much for delayed gratification. Next time, I will snarf that sucker down like I wanted to in the car on the way home. Both Bing and Liv did that and they were in sugar high heaven.

Ah, well.....the peanut butter toast was better for me, I suppose.

But Mondays require something special.

Shit. Pee butt. I wanted that doughnut!

8 comments:

Dee said...

I know the feeling. I have diabetes too and last week I bought a small Hersheys bar with the silent promise I would not eat it til the next day. I almost made it. But I checked my sugar and it was not high so I gobbled that sucker down. I am learning not to buy things unless I can eat them that day. They just never last for me.

Anvilcloud said...

We don't have many Krispy Kremes here in Canada, but my brief acquaintance leads me to believe that the fresher the better -- get 'em while they're hot.

Elle said...

OMG I miss those so much!!!

Jill said...

Damn! I hate it when that happens! Could you at least salvage some of the filling to top your PB toast? lol

Rebecca said...

I would have totally thrown that hard-ass doughnut in the microwave for a couple of seconds just to soften it up....No, wait, who am I kidding? I would have gobbled that sucker up in the car before it ever made it home...HAHA.

PBS said...

Too bad about the doughnut. We had some rolls and scones left over from the meeting at work on Friday. The temp said she'd take them but this morning they were still there, hard as rocks. What a waste! I'd bought them home for son and friends to eat.

Bobealia... said...

Microwave it for like 10 seconds. It will be soft and doughy again, I swear it!!

Queen of the Mayhem said...

Delayed gratification? That is simply AGAINST my religion! That might be why I am struggling with my diet!

Hope tomorrow is better....donut wise! (hee-hee)